Wednesday 27 May 2009

EDCH Sponsored Walk



Hi there! This first picture is me waiting for the sponsored walk to start last Sunday! All the staff and some other keen folk, along with loads of us canines did a walk all the way from the Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home at Seafield to Musselburgh. The other pictures show us all at the halfway stop. Boy was it a hot day to be doing a long walk on. But it was all in a good cause because people were paying us to do it! Well, not really paying us, but giving money to buy agility equipment for the poor dogs that are stuck in there with no forever homes to go to yet. I didn't know what 'agility equipment' meant but mum told me it's things like jumps and tunnels and poles to weave in and out of. I told my mum it sounded lots of fun so she set up some of Angel's jumps in the garden for me the other day and I had a great time. Though mum laughed and said I jump like a Kangaroo! Ha ha! Anyway, I'm so glad that all these other dogs who don't have lovely families are going to be able to have some fun now. As I said, lots of folk turned up for the walk and, thank goodness, we had some water stops on the way - especially when we reached Musselburgh. We walked along the beach promenade as far as we could and lots of people stopped to look at us and some put money in the collecting tins. One or two people didn't look too happy and a few looked confused (well we must have looked quite a sight) but overall most people looked very happy to see us all walking along. Mum couldn't join in the walk herself so someone else took me but she saw us off at the start and was there to cheer us when we got almost as far as the home again. Some of us got a quick swim to cool us off before we got all the way back so that was fun too. And when we got back into the home we had big bowls of water and lovely treats while the humans got hot and cold drinks and biscuits too. We don't know how much was raised yet but I hope it'll be loads!


No comments:

Post a Comment