Wednesday 20 May 2009

Walkies with mum and a visit from Toby!







Hya'll!!
Do you like this pic of me with Angel? We were sunning ourselves on mum's bed but then we started to play and messed it all up so she threw us off it! She did laugh though.
Toby came up for a week's holiday - that's him in the picture with Ben - and he's fine now after his snake bite thank goodness. He showed us his paw and it was all shaved by the vet and you could still see the bite marks. We all told him how brave he was and how worried we all were about him. I think he liked that! I got to meet my human grandma for the first time too and she really liked me, I'm glad to say. She liked my cuddles especially, but I think she thought I was a bit rough on the beach. Well I can't help getting so excited can I?!

Ben is doing fine but he does struggle with all of us doods around. Mum says it's all a bit much for him now, but I don't quite get what it is about us that is too much for him...... He does get very grumpy with us sometimes though. He still played with us when he came with us to the beach the other day, so that was fun. Sometimes he just stands and stares into space and that spooks me a bit. Mum gives him extra cuddles when he does that, like she feels sorry for him. Still, she always finds time to give me lots of cuddles too!
At last mum's been able to walk (still with one crutch) well enough to take me for a wee walk - YIPPEE!!!!! We had to go really slowly together and I kept watching her to see that she was ok but it was so exciting. I knew she was nervous of falling over so I tried really really hard to go slowly and carefully. I did forget a bit when I saw another poochie friend I wanted to play with so Kirsty took my lead then so I could say hello without mum worrying. It's early days but it is definitely a good start. I hope it wont be too long before she takes me out properly again. It's so much fun being out everyday with Kirsty and the doods Angel and Sam but I want my mum back!!!
Yesterday mum managed to walk all the way down to the Dog and Cat home where we work (well Kirsty does - we just play and supervise!) just to see me in the big paddock at lunchtime. I thought that was lovely, though I was too busy chasing Angel and Sam to have cuddles!
My fur is growing back all curly again and mum is trying to decide whether to get me another hair cut! But there is a doodle day coming up in June and I think she wants me to look a bit fluffy for that for some reason. Angel and Sam told me all about last years doodle day in a place called Dundee and it sounds great fun. Just imagine - a whole park full of us crazy doodles. Wow - I can't wait. I just thought - maybe I'll get to see my brother Herbie again too - that would be fantastic!!! I'll be keeping my paws crossed that he'll be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment